9.15.2009

Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah

How long, O Lord, must I fight for joy?

The sorrows that bind me are so heavy sometimes. Father, I'm tired of fighting- I am becoming so weak. My heart aches for You, for Your will, Your people--
please, my GOD, have mercy on me!


I'm beaten, broken, bruised, bleeding, Lord, for your Name- for Your glory! I have rejoiced in my suffering and in Your never-ending grace... even still, I know there is a purpose:
I know You are exalted in my brokenness.

My Father, my Creator, my Saviour-- rescue me now from my sorrow. Deliver me into the hands of mercy, freedom, joy. There is power in Your hands, blessed Redeemer.













But Lord, if it is Your will that I continue to fight--
My King, I will fight.

I will be broken and used up for as long as I live.
And in that darkness,
I will fight for strength, for peace that only comes from You.





Holy One, remember me.

2 comments:

Chris Krycho said...

Janelle,

I just wanted to let you know that I liked this when I read it and I still like it now. It's an encouragement. Keep walking, running, chasing after Christ, my sister!

robert said...

Nice piece of writing. Though it was your heading that caught my eye this morning. Today is the 219th anniversary of the death of William Williams, the author of the hymn "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah." To learn more, you can check out my daily blog on hymn history Wordwise Hymns. God bless.